Australia's Dan Fitzgibbon and Liesl Tesch have won SKUD18 gold on the penultimate day of racing at the Paralympic Sailing Competition with a race to spare.
With a six point leading heading into the final race the Australians are discarding their worst finish of third from Race 4. And with only race wins and second place finishes on their score card they cannot be overtaken on 14 points.
Jen French and JP Creignou (USA) are second on 20 points whilst Great Britain's Alex Rickham and Niki Birrell (GBR) are third on 22 points. Neither crew can be caught so medals are guaranteed but the colour will be decided on the final day of racing tomorrow.
1. Dan Fitzgibbon and Liesl Tesch (AUS) - 14pts
2. Jen French and JP Creignou (USA) - 20pts
3. Alexandra Rickham and Niki Birrell (GBR) - 22pts
4. John McRoberts and Stacie Louttit (CAN) - 34pts
5. Marco Gualandris and Marta Zanetti (ITA) - 46pts